[Frameworks] American avant-garde filmmakers and exploitation

jared ashburn ashburn.jared at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 19:55:10 UTC 2021

Thank you Fred, Dominic, and Robert!

Right now, I am looking mostly for avant-garde filmmakers who worked on
low-budget, B or C or even F!, and/or exploitation features but I am also
interested in those that made their own independent features.

To avoid any confusion, I probably should have just said "independent"
features but I thought that sounded too broad as I am mostly interested in
those avant-garde filmmakers who worked on B and exploitation features as a
way of supporting themselves and their own filmmaking.

If anyone knows of a researcher who has historicized any of this, please
let me know. Thanks, again! --JA