[Frameworks] Double-8 camera ---> 16mm projection

Ugo Bo ugobodibra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 22:28:44 UTC 2021

Rolf Wiest in 'Polly' (1969, 16mm, 10min, col.) took to the extreme
consequences this possibility: he projected on 16mm the 4 frames shot on
double-8 and re-shot in double-8 and again and again, 7 time, until having
4^7=16384 images in 1 frame, i.e. 393216 fps. It's a scene of a naked girl
and a dog, satifying at the beginning a sort of voyeuristic pleasure,
becoming more and more de-structurated. The soundtrack works in reverse,
becoming at the end competely recognozible: Vivaldi's 4 seasons.

Cheers
Livio

Il giorno mercoledì 24 novembre 2021, Esperanza Collado <
esperanzacollado1 at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> Hey Frameworkers,
> I am trying to remember a contemporary filmmaker who has worked
extensively with double-8 format, projecting the results later on a regular
16 or s16mm instead of splitting the filmstrip in two. Maybe it's someone
on this list. One of my students is considering shooting and would like to
see examples. Please, help me find her/him if you know who I'm talking
about, or else, if you know films that can be watched on the internet using
this format in this unorthodox way. Thank you!