[Frameworks] Help! In a jam. Forgot cable. What are these connectors called?

Ryder White ryder.white at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:55:08 UTC 2021

Hi Jay,

The first one (on the left) looks like a 4-pin GX16 DIN plug (like this
one:
https://leeselectronic.com/en/product/218-plug-jack-din-metal-inline-4p-f.html).
Sometimes called an aviation plug.

The other one also seems like a DIN, a 3-pin one, maybe the female end of
this:
https://leeselectronic.com/en/product/2254-din-plug-3-pin-slf-3970.html but
I haven’t seen one with the pin slots laid out like that.

Unfortunately I can’t help with where you might be able to get something
like that in Portland. I imagine there has got to be a decent electronics
parts shop there that will have the connectors but you’d have to put them
together yourself. Make sure you’ve got the polarity right!

Hope that helps-

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 21:12 Jay Hudson <jkh30003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am in Portand and I want to shoot some film. Duall did rigged up a
> battery connector that used a cable.  At bottom, I have a link to a tweet
> with the connectors. What are they called and how do I find one in
> Portland, OR?
>
> Any help will be profoundly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> https://mobile.twitter.com/jay_redflag/status/1444876122705956867
>
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2021, 06:13 Nicole <nicole at magiklantern.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Frameworkers!
>>
>> I am thrilled to announce the resurrection of Media Monsters! Series 2
>> launches October 21 at 8pm Pacific/11pm Eastern.
>>
>> This also means that we have an OPEN CALL for submissions. Send us your
>> short abstract films, your weird video art, your strange music videos,
>> anything and everything of your motion picture based art. We do not have
>> time limits anymore. Got a feature length project? Send it in!
>>
>> A promo of series 2 episode 1 will be released later, as well as more
>> details. Please drop me a line with questions.
>>
>> Nicole Elaine Baker Peterson (she/her/they)
>> Founder & Head Programmer, Media Monsters
>> nicole at magiklantern.com
>> *twitch.tv/media_monsters <http://twitch.tv/media_monsters> | **magiklantern.com
>> <http://www.magiklantern.com/>*

Ryder Thomas White