[Frameworks] 16mm film looper

Thomas Bartels mail at thomasbartels.eu
Sat Sep 4 20:01:30 UTC 2021

About 15-20 years ago a (canadian based?) filmmaker gave a workshop (in Worm/Rotterdam?) for building simple and safe diy loopers.
(sorry for the vague info, can't remember the details any more precisely, maybe Karel Doing does?)

I have some of them, they are easy to build and I am very satisfied with their performance. They are supposed to run loops up to 10 min.
I never had more than 8. The films did not get scratched or torn and ran for 2 weeks exhibition.
Unfortunately I can not find the drawings and measurements at the moment but if this is an option for you I can copy them from the device.

Best,
Thomas.

Thomas Bartels
https://vimeo.com/thomasbartels