[Frameworks] Cinema as Performance workshop, UnionDocs, Oct. 14-17

Beebe, Roger W. beebe.77 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 28 18:30:02 UTC 2021

All,

For those not on the UnionDocs mailing list (but why wouldn’t you be???), I wanted to let you know that I’ll be leading a three-day workshop on Cinema as Performance there from October 15-17, preceded by a multi-projector performance at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14.  At the screening I’ll be showing one 7-projector film (Last Light of a Dying Star) that I haven’t screened in NYC for a decade and one new piece that’s so new it isn’t done(!), plus a few other performance-based works.

The workshop includes a stellar line-up of folks who work in some way or another at the intersection of cinema & performance:  Zia Anger, Diana Arce, Chloé Galibert-Laîné, Jeanne Liotta, Jesse Malmed, and Kristin Reeves.  For those not in NYC, they’re offering a limited number of remote participants in the workshop, but the bulk of the participants and presenters will be in-person at UnionDocs (with all the requisite Covid protocols).  As of yesterday, there were only a handful of seats left in the workshop, so do move quickly if you’re interested.  For more information or for registration, see:  https://uniondocs.org/event/2021-10-14-the-screening-is-the-event-cinema-as-performance/

For those in NYC, it’d be great to see you for that Thursday night show, if not for the full weekend.

FYI,
Roger