[Frameworks] Fixative/varnish on hand-made film?

Justin Rhody justincliffordrhody at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:08:49 CDT 2022

I've been photocopying onto transparent 35mm film leader and it's going
well. Any advice on fixative to cover the toner so that it doesn't
rub/flake/scrape off easily? I've experimented with spray cans from Krylon
to Moab, including "crystal clear" varieties, and the problem is that while
it works in holding the toner in place - it creates a de-sharpening,
softening of the image, kind of crystallizing the transparent nature of the
leader.... if that makes sense. Thanks! -Justin

--
*Photography & Film: *justincliffordrhody.com
*No Name Cinema:* *www.nonamecinema.org* <http://www.nonamecinema.org>