[Frameworks] found footage films

david at lake ivan david at lakeivan.org
Mon Aug 1 18:58:05 UTC 2022

Dear Frameworkers:

This week, my posting to my ongoing column on experimental film and video is a discussion of certain challenges of working within the found footage genre, which I examine through my analysis of two recent films by Masha Godovannaya, Landscapes of Nosferatu and The City Bridges are Open Again.

https://lakeivan.substack.com/p/re-framing-the-past-recent-found

This essay is accompanied by a response article from Masha Godovannaya:

https://lakeivan.substack.com/p/a-response-from-filmmaker-masha-godovannaya

I would especially like to invite all Frameworkers (after reading my article and Godovannaya's response) to become part of an online discussion thread, a forum to share your own ideas on the issues raised in the article (and other issues related to the genre of found footage).

https://lakeivan.substack.com/p/discussion-thread-found-footage-filmmaking/comments

I know that subscribers to this list always have a great many interesting things to say on every topic related to filmmaking, so I look forward to reading your ideas.

David Finkelstein