[Frameworks] Retrieving film from a loaded magazine on an optical printer?

Interbay Cinema Society team at interbaycinemasociety.org
Mon Dec 5 19:45:53 UTC 2022

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of inventorying the late Jon Behrens' filmmaking gear.
His optical printer is set up with a 16mm Bolex with a magazine, loaded
with 400' of film.  I cannot tell how much has been shot.  What is the best
way for me to get the film out of the magazine without exposing it, so that
I can send it to the lab?  It has been a long time since I worked with a
magazine, and I have never worked with a Bolex magazine.  Please contact me
off list: team at interbaycinemasociety.org

Thank you.

CC

--