[Frameworks] Call For Entries - 29th Chicago Underground Film Festival

Kelsey Velez velezkelsey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 20:00:34 UTC 2022

I think it should be understood that in the digital, all-in-one era in
which we are living, if a festival of any size transitions to using a
website which compacts all of the activity involved in submitting,
screening and judging entries onto one platform, it should come as no
surprise that notifications are to be received through that portal as well.

If your sole complaint about a major and reputable festival is that you
didn’t hear back from them when they rejected your entry when that
rejection was easily to be found on the portal through which you submitted
your film, my estimation of that complaint is basically null.

I’ve been the house manager for CUFF (once) and a screener for several
years, and I can say that the festival is run professionally and with
integrity toward the filmmakers. It takes a lot of work to run a festival
of its size and Bryan and everyone who works on CUFF deserve nothing but
praise for the work they do (to say nothing of the spectacular quality of
entries we have received year after year).

Viva CUFF.