[Frameworks] Basement Films exhibit at CCA Santa Fe + No Name Cinema events

Justin Rhody justincliffordrhody at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:41:47 UTC 2022

Hi,

Just wanted to let Frameworker's know about an exhibition I curated at the
Center for Contemporary Arts in Santa Fe, commemorating Basement Films'
30th anniversary. BASEMENT FILMS: 30 Years of Undependent Media
<http://ccasantafe.org/basement-films-30-years-of-undependent-media/>. The
show consists of vintage flyers dating back to 1992 *(most designed by
David Nelson & Keif Henley)*, an animatronic 16mm projector-sculpture with
flapping metal wings, programs from yesteryear's EIC Fests and six short
films that are either by NM-based artists or were shot in New Mexico and
played at EIC in the past. The exhibition will be on display through Oct
15th, 2022. If you're in the area or planning to pass through, I hope
you're able to check it out!  -------> In conjunction with the exhibit, on
Sun Sept 18th at 4pm CCA is hosting a panel discussion on underground
culture & microcinemas between Keif Henley, Beth Hansen, Bryan Konefsky and
myself - followed by a screening of 16mm films from the Basement Films
archive curated by Beth Hansen.

Also this weekend in Santa Fe at NO NAME CINEMA <http://nonamecinema.org>,
we'll be hosting an abortion fund benefit screening on Friday of Barbara
Loden's Wanda preceeded by a rare 16mm print of her educational short, The
Boy Who Liked Deer.... The very next morning we're hosting Saturday Morning
Cartoons, curated by Johnny Woods. A freewheeling selection of 20th century
animation with the theme of "Space" - free cereal bar - costumes encouraged
- all ages.

Hope everyone's having a good week!
Best, Justin

--
*Photography & Film: *justincliffordrhody.com
*No Name Cinema:* *www.nonamecinema.org* <http://www.nonamecinema.org>