[Frameworks] Frameworks Digest, Vol 80, Issue 4

Amanda Thomson tea.amanda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:11:32 UTC 2022

Hi Nicole,

Just piping in here with a reminder that if you're starting with B wind
film on the core and you go straight across to another spool (from the top
of the feed reel to the top of the takeup reel OR from the bottom of the
feed to the bottom of the takeup) you'll end up with film that's A wind.

If you want B wind film:
Depending on your set up, like if you get rewinds and a dark room, it might
be easiest to put the full 400' on another core or reel first and then put
it on to daylight spools from there, getting you back to B.  If you end up
doing it by hand in a change bag it might be easier to handle smaller
amounts at a time, going from the big 400' core to a 100' daylight spool,
and then onto another daylight spool from there.

Also of note, daylight spools will hold more than 100' of film.  If you
have a film counter, great.  I personally never use one and I would say
100' on a daylight spool would leave about 1/4" of room left before the
film is flush with the outter edge of the spool.

I hope some of this is helpful.  Good luck!
Amanda T

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 10:00 AM <frameworks-request at film-gallery.org>
wrote:

>    3. Downspooling 16mm (Nicole)