[Frameworks] Celluloid Now Call for Entries

Fred Camper f at fredcamper.com
Sat Jun 11 16:24:14 UTC 2022

I agree that "analog" is redundant, and that electronically recorded
video can be analog, but unfortunately just using "film" is now
problematic, since an overwhelming shift in usage has it applying to
digital video. Shooting digital video is now called "filming," and a
video can be called a "film" We may not like this, but usage has made it
correct.

My solution is to write "celluloid." One might write, "films printed on
celluoloid," or, to be more restrictive, "films shot and printed on
celluloid." It would be interesting to know if the festival will accept
works shot on video but printed on celluloid, and designed that way, for
the look of, for example, Pixelvision on celluloid. Such things exist.

I am all ears as to a better terminology solution.

Fred Camper
Chicago