[Frameworks] Celluloid Now Call for Entries

Ignacio Tamarit tamarit.ignacio at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 21:05:10 UTC 2022

As Sassaure said, only in speech acts is language modified. We all
understand that when we talk about analog they are referring to the
physical film. The thing is I never asked myself why is it called that
way?  Is there a factical explanation why we call film analog?
Just reminded me of one of the biggest oxymorons in the motion picture film
industry: DIGITAL CINEMA.

:P

El sáb, 11 jun 2022 a las 17:05, Bernd Lützeler (<filmi at gmx.de>) escribió:

> I think „photochemical film“ is the most accurate, but I also heard some
> people using „perforated film“,
> which at least isn’t at all incorrect, even though it kind of leaves out
> the visual aspect of it…
> Bernd
>

> > Am 11.06.2022 um 21:36 schrieb Scott Dorsey <kludge at panix.com>:
> >
> > Maybe.  But I have a film which was made from a digital photoplotter, it
> > is 16mm but contains images created on a computer.  Is it digital?  Is it
> > analogue?  What is it?
> >
> > Personally I like "traditional film production" as a description, but I
> > realize this isn't complete either.
> > --scott
> >
> > --

Ignacio Tamarit