[Frameworks] Kabayitos Microcinema Experimental Short Film Program Open Call

Liliya Lifanova lili.lifa at gmail.com
Tue May 10 03:10:20 UTC 2022

CALL FOR ENTRIES
Kabayitos Microcinema *Experimental Short Film Program*
Deadline for submissions: 5/12/22

IOM projects is excited to present Kabayitos Microcinema as part of The
Clemente’s Open Studios 2022, taking place on May 21 & May 22, 2022.

We are accepting *experimental short film* submissions with a *maximum
running time of 10 minutes*. Our selection will be based on artistic
expression and poetic form. Entries should be thought-provoking,
unconventional, and original.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: MAY 12, 2022
https://artistsallianceinc.submittable.com/submit/224945/kabayitos-microcinema-experimental-short-film-program

Kabayitos theater is a petite, 41-seat micro-theatre in The Clemente. It
has showcased the likes of Peter Nikl and Janie Geiser among many others.
Historically used for puppet theater, it has always been open for
experimental works, which inspired Clemente’s current and former residents
Flavia Souza and Lili Chin to launch the first iteration of IOM projects:
Kabayitos Microcinema in collaboration with David Pushkin, Gloria Zelaya,
Liliya Lifanova and Selime Okuyan.

IOM *projects* is an artist platform whose mission is to regenerate space
and provide agency for under-represented and overlooked works. We invest in
projects that are motivated by truth, empathy, poetry, originality, and
aesthetics. IOM means ‘a little’ in the international language Esperanto,
which resonated with our humble beginnings. We hope to build a thoughtful
art community to address topics that are critical and sensitive to our
times.

The Clemente Soto Vélez Cultural & Educational Center Inc. is a Puerto
Rican/Latinx multi-arts cultural institution that has demonstrated a
broad-minded cultural vision and inclusive philosophy rooted in NYC’s Lower
East Side/Loisaida. While focused on the cultivation, presentation, and
preservation of Puerto Rican and Latinx culture, we are equally committed
to a multi-ethnic / international latitude, determined to operate in a
polyphonic manner that provides affordable working space and venues to
artists, small arts organizations, emergent and independent community
producers that reflect the cultural diversity of the LES and our City.

Artists Alliance Inc. is dedicated to launching, strengthening, and
advancing the vision of emerging and underrepresented artists and curators
through fully-funded residencies, paid exhibition opportunities, and
commissioned projects. Rooted in the Lower East Side (a long-standing
epicenter of creative experimentation and cultural diversity) and in NYC
at-large, AAI cultivates art practices that challenge the way we experience
ourselves, our communities, and our world. Through three
initiatives—Cuchifritos Gallery + Project Space, LES Studio Program, Public
Works—AAI aims to widen the audience for contemporary art and encourage
public dialogue using art as a catalyst.

--
Liliya Lifánova

<http://www.liliyalifanova.com>
www.liliyalifanova.com