[Frameworks] Three recent articles of mine

Fred Camper f at fredcamper.com
Fri May 13 14:49:25 UTC 2022

Dear Jack,

Thanks very much for writing. I appreciated all your comments.

At the center of my argument in the article you mention is my notion
that the differences between as mainstream a classical Hollywood
filmmaker as Raoul Walsh and the best avant-garde films are not as great
as most imagine. At the same time, I don't much like seeing how far this
list has long veered from the charge to discuss only experimental film.
There are endless lists of and suggestions for mainstream features in
which I have no interest, often in reply to hardly-ever-explained
queries for films featuring swimming pools, or flying geese, or
whatever. Therefore, I will reply to you at greater length offlist.

Yours,
Fred