[Frameworks] EIKI SL-OML Burns Film

Douglas Urbank douglasurbank at rcn.com
Mon May 30 17:20:06 UTC 2022

Hello All,

The lamp on my EIKI SL-OML projector sometimes does not shut off when I stop the projection, and burns the film.  Sometimes the shutter blade appears to be stuck partially blocking the lamp.  I've had the projector serviced 2 or 3 times by a local camera outlet, which has now gone out of business, probably because of the pandemic.  It wasn’t for lack of trying, but either they had trouble duplicating the problem or they thought they’d fixed it, but didn’t.  I have little mechanical aptitude, but I wonder if anyone in this community can identify the problem.

Thank you!

Douglas Urbank
Member, AgX Film Collective
144 Moody Street, Building 18