[Frameworks] Millennium Research Project-Open Screenings

Joe Wakeman helloemigoodbye at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 20:22:24 UTC 2023

Hi There!
Joe Wakeman from Millennium Film Workshop here; I'm writing to you to see
if you might be able to help with some information for a research project
I'm working on. I'm looking for examples of films which screened at
Millennium Open Screenings on E 4 st, especially going as far back at the
early 70s (though I am interested in absolutely everything up until the 4th
st space's closure) -- detailed records weren't really kept of what and who
was showing at these screenings (that I can find anyway), and some of the
history of Open Screenings is central to a research project I'm working on
at the moment. If you or someone you can connect me to can provide me with
instances of works that you or someone else made that were first shown at
these screenings, especially links to films, I would be most grateful!

Additionally, oral histories, memories of what you may have seen at those
shows or even ephemera related to them, ads, flyers, programs etc would be
very useful to me!!!

*Note: I am not talking about Personal Cinema Screenings or curated group
shows, I am specifically interested in OPEN SCREENINGS and works that were
presented in those programs. *

Thank you so much,
Joe Wakeman
Millennium Film Workshop