[Frameworks] Bolex Light Meter

Julian Antos julian at chicagofilmsociety.org
Sun Apr 23 17:50:59 UTC 2023

Does anyone have any recommendations for a small, modern light meter that
could be mounted to a Bolex (or any other 16mm camera, for that matter)?

My current setup for my "home movies" is either a Sekonic Studio Deluxe II,
which is wonderful and accurate but I still fumble around with if I need a
reading in a hurry, or my iPhone with the Cine-Meter app, which is accurate
enough for my purposes when calibrated to the Sekonic meter, but again is
still a bit of a nuisance to use if I need a reading in a real hurry.

The answer is probably just that I should get quicker at using these
devices, but it also seems that the perfect solution must have been devised
for this. Also curious to hear what other people may be using.
--
Julian Antos
Chicago Film Society