[Frameworks] Experiments in Cinema v19.8 now seeking submissions!

Bryan Konefsky bkonefsky at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 18:43:41 UTC 2023

Experiments in Cinema v19.8 call for submissions!! Basement Films’ annual
international film festival is proud to announce our call for submissions
for our next edition of Experiments in Cinema v19.8 (April 23-27, 2024 with
an additional online version May 4-18. 2024). EIC will take place at the
Guild Cinema in Albuquerque, New Mexico and will consist of film
screenings, lectures, live cinema events as well as workshops.

Our call for submissions is open from August 1 – November 1, 2023 through
FilmFreeway.
For additional information contact festival director Bryan Konefsky at
experimentsincinema at gmail.com or print traffic controller Nicole Delmar at
experimentsincinemasubmissions at gmail.com.

We are seeking new and old moving image art that will engage audiences with
the magic and wonder that IS un-dependent cinema! Submissions might be (but
are not limited to) essay films, dance films, film poems, structural films,
post-structural films, post-post structural films, underground films,
abstract films, experimental narratives, experimental documentaries, video
installations, transgressive films, portrait films, political rant films…
Challenge us and make us happy. If your creative output requires fancy
press packages, agents to be contacted, a world premiere, descriptions like
“…think The Little Mermaid on steroids…,” or character development that can
only be understood in terms of a traditional narrative arc, you might do
well to find a different festival to screen your film.

Please note that Experiments in Cinema WILL be paying screening fees to all
participating artists!
International and Alumni Artists, please contact us at
experimentsincinema at gmail.com for a code to waive your submission fees on
FilmFreeway!

Experiments in Cinema v19.8 Bryan Konefsky Founder/Director, Experiments in
Cinema el presidente, Basement Films experimentsincinema at gmail.com

--
Bryan Konefsky
Professional product tester

Great art has always gone to the masses, to their hopes and dreams, for
that spark that kindled their souls. The rest, "the many, all too many" as
Nietzsche called mediocrity, have been mere commodities that can be bought
with money, cheap glory, or social position.
- Emma Goldman