[Frameworks] Films with creative/alternative use of subtitles

Ж kkotik at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 22:09:31 UTC 2023

Jaco, how are you!?

So nice that you asked about films with different uses for subtitles.
I assume that this also includes the whole "film-text" *sub-gender* - if I
may say so.

The first name that came to mind is yann beauvais works, *Tu, sempre*
mainly but also *War on Gaza, Covi e *and many others

Many years ago I've made an interview with him (for .txt texto de cinema)
and it maybe interesting in some way:

https://desistfilm.com/q-a-yann-beauvais/

I just remembered of *Vera Cruz*  by Rosangela Rennó with is a subtitles
only film, on Brazilian impossibility to form a image of the colonization
process.

And the least, João's Reynaldo *Type Film an Armory Show* is a typed film
(not exactly a subtitle film) made only with typewriter.

Hope it helps!

Best,

 kkinema.com.br | textodecinema.com