[Frameworks] Experimental films with bodily sounds

Sarah Bliss bliss at sarahblissart.com
Fri Jan 6 18:15:36 UTC 2023

Gabriele,

You might be interested in a work of mine:

Transit(ive)  HD video created from 16mm projection performance with digital sound, recorded on digital video. 06:36.  2017.

A video document of death, loss and relation that queries the ontology of objects (human bodies “dead” and “living", machines, film, video, artifacts) and their communication with each other. Transit(ive) records an encounter between myself and that-which-my-father-had-become a week after his death. Made by shooting a digital video of my embodied encounter with a constellation of interrelating objects: the digital audio recording I’d made of my father’s dying breath; clear 16mm celluloid leader; light moving from a 16mm film projector’s bulb through the leader that thread past the lens and then onto a wall; my own body; the projector lens I was manipulating; and the DSLR camera that reinterpreted the artifacts of light and sound. The physical manipulation of the lens of the projector connects the fleshly body to the body of light through the body of film. My fingers, no longer able to caress his face, caressed the lens.

https://vimeo.com/248777230 <https://vimeo.com/248777230>
pw: Breath

Sarah Bliss
http://www.SarahBlissArt.com