[Frameworks] old cartoons

Myron Ort zeno at sonic.net
Thu Jan 12 20:27:48 UTC 2023

Yes, some obscure (fake) Mickey Mouse imitator carrying a baton and coming forward in a highly perspective image. I recall reading some analysis of this film that made a point about the “perspective” involved, cannot now remember the point. I imagine that Stan had a whole reel of this cartoon but only used this one shot, leading me to believe maybe he used other footage from that cartoon elsewhere, but maybe not. Murder Psalm is contained in the DVD Anthologies and is online if you want to take a look. Meanwhile I will try to find that analysis that does mention something about the use of the cartoon.