[Frameworks] Jungle scenarios

Seth Mitter seth.mitter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 16:29:28 UTC 2024

Maybe I'm misunderstanding Albert's phrase "pieces in which the jungle is
the main setting" but it seems like any number of experimental
ethnographic/documentary films made in places that could be described as
"jungle" would be included in such a list. At Canyon Cinema there's Diane
Kitchen's *Before We Knew Nothing
<https://canyoncinema.com/catalog/film/?i=4986> *made in eastern Peru and
Chick Strand's *Mosori Monika
<https://canyoncinema.com/catalog/film/?i=2272> *made in Venezuela

Ernst Karel and Veronika Kusumaryati's *Expedition Content
<https://harvardfilmarchive.org/programs/expedition-content> *(2020)*,*
created from audio & film material gathered in New Guinea.

Also the Timothy Asch & Napoleon Chagnon *Yanomamö Series*
<https://store.der.org/yanomam-series-p970.aspx> (1968-76)