[Frameworks] My new films, and new art

Fred Camper f at fredcamper.com
Mon Jan 22 04:14:51 UTC 2024

/I sent this to the people on my medium-sized personal mailing list. If
you wish to be added (about four emails a year), write to me./

/_________________________________________________________________________________________________________/

I have two exhibitions in St. Louis on February 10.

At 2 PM, there will be a screening of my five early films
<https://www.chicagofilmsociety.org/preservation/fred-camper/>//on 16mm
film, as recently restored by the Chicago Film Society,
<https://www.chicagofilmsociety.org/>the same films shown last year
twice in New York and once in Chicago, atArkadin Cinema and Bar.
<https://arkadincinema.com/>That screening will also include a film
transfer of my recent /Interactions 5: Netherlands Skies/
<https://vimeo.com/873805395>, a film made on video but in this case
transferred to 16mm film. This will be the first public screening of any
of my Interactions <https://www.fredcamper.com/A/Interactions/>films.
Also accompanying this will be one of the related /Grids /
<https://www.fredcamper.com/A/Interactions/005/G3.html>works consisting
of stills from this film. I will be present to comment and answer questions.

Then at 6 PM, there will be an opening of my art exhibit
<https://www.fredcamper.com/A/Exhibitions/240210Parapet.html>at Parapet
/ Real Humans <https://www.parapetrealhumans.com/>/, /which will include
two of my /Interactions /films, including /Interactions 10: Paolo
Uccello’s Hunt/ <https://vimeo.com/904839260>, on a monitor, and a
number of prints, including /Interactions 10: Paolo Uccello’s Hunt,
Grids 3/. This show will stay up perhaps for two months and viewable by
appointment after the opening.

In addition, there are now twelve /Interactions/
<https://www.fredcamper.com/A/Interactions/index.html><https://www.fredcamper.com/A/Interactions/index.html>works
in all. /Grids/will eventually be made and posted for all of them. The
total running time for these is about 65 minutes. Two more should be
done in a couple of months. I would now like to have one person shows of
all these, shown in order in high quality video projection. (All of
these were shot in 4K video.) I could bring my one film print too, for
comparison. Ideally, I would exhibit one or more of the related
/Grids/works as well.

Do write me with any questions.

Fred Camper