[Frameworks] Art gallery venues that host experimental film series screenings

Tara Nelson brendamerenda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 21:50:58 UTC 2024

Visual Studies Workshop in Rochester NY has been exhibiting experimental
films as well as photography, media and book arts since 1969.  Today the VSW
Salon <https://www.vsw.org/vsw-salon/salon-spring-2024/or119/> is a
twice-monthly exhibition of films, artist talks, installations and
performances in the 50 seat microcinema.

 This Thursday <https://www.vsw.org/vsw-salon/salon-spring-2024/or119/>
Peggy Ahwesh will present her most recent collaboration with Jackie Goss,
OR119, preceded by some educational films that Peggy has chosen from the
VSW Film Archive. After the screening Peggy will be in conversation with
VSW Curator Tara Nelson and filmmaker Jennifer Montgomery.

The VSW Press <https://www.vsw.org/publications/vsw-press/> also publishes
artist books, and has been working with film artists through the Film Art
Book imprint (FAB), including recent publications with Rose Lowder, Ephraim
Asili, Dani and Sheilah ReStack, Luther Price and Crystal Z Campbell.

Tara Merenda Nelson