[Frameworks] 16mm in the classroom - projector noise!

Brook Hinton bhinton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 00:44:06 CDT 2010

Howdy Frameworkers,

On another media in the classroom note - has anyone come up with any
sort of homebrew projection booth or projector noise muffling solution
for classrooms with no booth? I was about to rent some Nathaniel
Dorsky films to show in a course I'm teaching, but then realized that
glorious silence that is so essential to those images would instead by
a constant din courtesy of the Elmo Corporation. Once I started
thinking about this I realized how many films I might otherwise screen
would be seriously compromised by such a setting - sound films as
well.

Brook Hinton
Moving Image and Sound Maker
www.brookhinton.com