[Frameworks] 16mm in the classroom - projector noise!

Ken Bawcom kjbawc at umich.edu
Tue Oct 26 00:55:59 CDT 2010

For in-office projection at the Ann Arbor Film Festival, we made a
foam lined plywood box, with a window in front of the lens. It sat on
a metal cart. It was open on one side, for access to the projector. It
didn't eliminate the noise, but did reduce it quite a bit. I suppose
that with the addition of a small fan for ventilation, it might be
possible to have a door on one side, and close it off completely.

Another possibility - I know that they make electronic noise
cancellation devices for industrial equipment. I suppose one could be
configured to cancel projector noise, but I don't know how expensive
that would be.

Ken B.