[Frameworks] latest hardware for theatrical playback?

Amanda Christie amanda at amandadawnchristie.ca
Thu Dec 2 21:31:41 CST 2010

Heya Flick!

long time no see... hope all is still well out west.
things are trucking along here on the east coast.

have you thought of taking the VJ approach and using software for this?

if you're using firewire 800 you should still be able to work with HD
footage from external drives no problem... I'd recommend trying
software like modul8   it's meant for stuff like that, as you can see
stuff on your computer screen that doesn't wind up getting
projected... you see all of the controls and stuff, and the audience
only sees what you want them to see.   and I think the license is only
about $200 (unless you can find a hack somewhere).

just a thought.

hope you're well!

amanda