[Frameworks] film to digi exhibition - its already happening

Sam Wells silverfilm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 16:35:11 CST 2010

Chris the difference between HD and 2K at this point is really a
question of what is marketed to whom.  Otherwise it's 1.9K vs 2K !
Hopefully the serious ones will accomadate the full 2048 in the
future...

I myself am working in HD/1920 because it works with my displays w/o
scaling and seemed the safer move...  and if it went to 2K it can just
be padded out with black, no scaling needed.  But I personally would
prefer working in 1.85 to the 1.78/16x9 I'm doing now, it's a better
AR for me... of course I'd like to be working in 4K, more samples =
better, better to oversample than scale up etc etc.

-Sam