[Frameworks] film to digi exhibition - its already happening

graeme hogg graemehogg at irational.org
Thu Dec 9 04:34:06 CST 2010

Yes, film projection and digital projection are two
totally different viewing experiences.

Digital projection produces an 'always' on, constant picture whereas
a 60 minute film projection has at least 30 minutes in total blackness
depending on which blade/shutter is used.

I like modern technology, but I think that what would be interesting would
be to revisit film roll technique from a modern persepective, seeing
projectors as rooted in an age before digital steppers, software and
modern lamps.

http://www.bristol-channel.org