[Frameworks] experimental documentary

Amanda Christie amanda at amandadawnchristie.ca
Sat Jul 17 10:02:03 CDT 2010

I like to use examples of Phil Hoffman's films when teaching
experimental documentary.   "O,Zoo?!" is one of my favourites, but
"What these Ashes Wanted" is also another great one.  They're
distributed by the Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre.

There is also a book about him and his work that was edited by Mike
Hoolboom and Karyn Sandlos with essays by several Canadian
filmmakers.  it's called "Landscape with Shipwreck:  First Person
Cinema and the Films of Philip Hoffman"
The Canadian Film Institute has also recently put out a book on
Hoffman's films called "Rivers of Time: a Retrospective of the Films
of Philip Hoffman"

amanda