[Frameworks] UnionDocs Collaborative -- Last Chance to APPLY

Steve HOLMGREN steve.holmgren at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 04:30:03 CDT 2010

UnionDocs, based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NYC, is a nonprofit
documentary arts space the features weekend public events in
nonfiction and experimental work.  In addition to our screenings and
other events in photography, radio, interactive, panels, etc we run a
year long tuition-based program for emerging artists called the
UnionDocs Collaborative.

The UnionDocs Collaborative - Last Call for Applicants for resident
and non-resident spots beginning September 2010

A program for non-fiction media research and group production
The UnionDocs Collaborative is a one or two-year program for emerging
media producers. It is both a rigorous platform for exploring
contemporary approaches to the documentary arts and a process for
developing an innovative group project. The program focuses on
providing what we believe are the most effective educational resources
for individuals at the beginning of their careers:

*Mentorship toward the production of an original work.
*Dynamic interaction among a network of talented peers.
*Direct contact and structured exchange with visiting artists.
*Exposure to a wide variety of practices and models.
*Regular group critique sessions.
*Exposure through a toured exhibition and/or publication of annual project.

DEADLINE TO APPLY: AUGUST 1
To apply or find more information visit: www.uniondocs.org OR email
steve.holmgren at gmail.com