[Frameworks] PANOPTIC 2011: Open call for work at the Camden International Film Festival...

ethan kiermaier panoptic at camdenfilmfest.org
Mon Apr 4 19:42:16 CDT 2011

The Camden International Film Festival is currently seeking experimental and
new media works for the Panoptic section of it’s program for 2011.  We’re
looking for pieces from emerging or established artists which transcend
traditional forms and give a fresh perspective on the idea of documentary.
 In the past we have shown animation, sound, sculptural installation, video
installation, photography, interactive works, experimental shorts and live
performance.  This year we are looking to expand our program by offering a
program of experimental short films to be shown in the festival lineup and a
gallery show of forward thinking artworks in emerging media.  Please spread
the word and help us bring exposure to some amazing work!

Short films: We're looking for the best in experimental short films with a
documentary focus. Please submit if you have work that pushes the boundaries
of the traditional documentary form and is under 15 minutes in length.
New Media: In the gallery at Assymetrick Arts, CIFF is pleased to again be
showing new media and interactive artworks which put a new spin on the idea
of the documentary. We’re looking for video and sculptural installation,
sound, photography, performance, games and other forms of media which tell
stories in novel ways to fill a gallery space for the duration of the
festival.

For more information, or to submit your work go to:
http://camdenfilmfest.org/panoptic/
Any questions?  Email panoptic at camdenfilmfest.org

Please forward and repost this email liberally, and send along any
suggestions you might have for blogs, mailing lists or other outlets which
would help us promote this call for work and some great art in 2011!

Ethan Kiermaier
Curator, Panoptic: New Media
Camden International Film Festival, 2011