[Frameworks] Shirley Clarke

Josh Guilford jeshcbh at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 16:08:31 CDT 2011

Hi Daniel,

If you're in the NY area (I'm going off the info listed on gashouse.com), The Cool World is also available to view for free on 16mm at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts.  You have to contact a week or so in advance, though, because the prints are kept off-site.  Contact info is here: http://www.nypl.org/locations/lpa/reserve-film-and-video-collection.  I've viewed films there a few times, and the people have always been really helpful and really nice, and the prints are generally in good condition.

If you're unable to purchase a DVD of Portrait of Jason, I imagine Anthology probably has a DVD you could view for a small research fee.  I've also seen DVDs available for rental in video stores around Manhattan, though, so you could also call around town.

All best,
Josh