[Frameworks] Steenbeck belt size?

40 Frames info at 40frames.org
Wed Apr 13 16:53:05 CDT 2011

Jason,

Is it a V-belt for driving the platters, or a timing belt (with teeth) for
driving the picture and sound drive
sprockets?

For Steenbeck belts and other parts...

Paul Tomasko
Dwight Cody, Boston Film Connection
Bob Campos, Steenbeck Los Angeles (Christy's)
Steenbeck Holland (Steenbeck name/company bought and moved to Holland from
Hamburg, Germany)

I don't have a Steenbeck contact in Chicago, though Mansung at SMS might
have a suggestion on where to look. Chicago Filmmakers has a Steenbeck (or
used to) and may be able to point you to a local source for parts.

--Alain

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Jason Halprin <jihalprin at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to find a replacement belt for a Steenbeck ST 928 (8 plate)
> editior. Specifically, one of the rope-belts that drives the plate closest
> to you when you are sitting at the machine. I took the old one off, and it
> measures 1/8" (dia) by 30". I'm thinkning that I can replace it with a
> urethane belt that is just a little bit smaller. Any thoughts? Or does
> anyone know the exact specs?
>
> -Jason Halprin

40 FRAMES
Alain LeTourneau