[Frameworks] Steenbeck belt size?

Jean-Louis Seguin seguin at alcor.concordia.ca
Thu Apr 14 07:48:28 CDT 2011

On 2011-04-13, at 5:22 PM, Jason Halprin wrote:

> I am attempting to find a replacement belt for a Steenbeck ST 928 (8 plate) editior. Specifically, one of the rope-belts that drives the plate closest to you when you are sitting at the machine. I took the old one off, and it measures 1/8" (dia) by 30". I'm thinkning that I can replace it with a urethane belt that is just a little bit smaller. Any thoughts? Or does anyone know the exact specs?
>
> -Jason Halprin

Hi Jason,

Your measurement of 1/8" (dia) by 30" doesn't make much sense to me.

My notes for the ST-928 take-up V-belts indicate:

Left side is 10 x 2240 Z88
Right side is 10 x 1500 Z59

Diameter is 10mm. Circumference is the second number 2240 or 1500 in mm.

Don't know what the Z88 and Z59 mean though.

Cheers,
Jean-Louis