[Frameworks] Film's rupture

graeme hogg graemehogg at irational.org
Mon Apr 18 07:47:41 CDT 2011

In Monte Hellmans 'Two Lane Blacktop' 1971 USA cert 15 the film ends
with a classic rupture of the film by way of a 'burnout' of the rolling
print in the projector gate, as the film stops with no protection from the
heat of the hot xenon lamp.

If you dont limit your research to 'films' you might consider the work of
several artists who employ this technique to considerable effect with
prepared film material in a live context, notably :

Metalking. (Riojim and Richarles Bronson)  http://vimeo.com/9268166

--
http://www.bristol-channel.org