[Frameworks] Optical Printer or other advice in Berlin?

Diana Arce darce at visualosmosis.com
Tue Jan 4 06:03:02 CST 2011

HI Frameworkers,

Happy New Year! A friend and I are working on a project which we shot
on Super 8 Ektacrome. We unfortunately didn't really think out the
entire project and in the end decided to use the film as a loop. We
had the Ektacrome processed  normally and I got in contact with Andec
to find out how much making a copy would cost, which they priced at
300 Euro regardless of if our end copy would be 16 or S8. I usually
only shoot 16 and didn't realize that reversal answer prints were not
possible anymore (at least according to Andec).

So here are my questions? First, is it even worth it to loop S8 for an
installation or does it make more sense, in regards to wear or
whatever, to do a blow up to 16. Second, does anyone know anyone in
Berlin with an Optical Printer who would be interested in helping
another filmmaker out? Or does anyone know of another lab in Europe
that could make a copy of our S8 print for a better price?

Thanks so much,
Diana Arce