[Frameworks] Call for submissions: Black Box at Edinburgh International Film Festival

Kim Knowles kim_knowles1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 06:51:56 CST 2011

Dear Frameworkers,

BLACK BOX at Edinburgh International Film Festival invites experimental submissions of any length, both film (16mm, 35mm) and video.

BLACK BOX is EIFF's dedicated platform for showcasing experimental cinema from around the world. 2010 saw screenings of films by Tomonari Nishikawa, David Gatten, Robert Todd, Mike Hoolboom, Daichi Saito, Janis Crystal Lipzin, Thorsten Fleisch, Eileen Richardson and many others. BB particularly welcomes celluloid in all forms, shapes and sizes (except, sadly, 8mm)!

As of 2011, EIFF submission fees extend to experimental film, but fee waivers are available for Frameworkers. Just get in touch with me directly before you submit.

Festival dates: June 15-26, 2011

Submission deadlines:
Early bird: Monday January 31, 2011
Late: Monday February 14, 2011

Submission process: http://www.edfilmfest.org.uk/submissions

I'll be in Rotterdam from January 26 - 31 if you're planning to be there and want to avoid postage costs too! Looking forward to seeing you and/or your works.

Kim Knowles
Curator, Black Box