[Frameworks] FInal Cut Pro X

D Dawson decodawson at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 28 10:09:13 CDT 2011

HDV is not intended to be "reconnected" after a lost drive.  DV and HDV are
far too fragile to ever expect to be able to recapture and be frame
accurate.

The best bet would be to capture now the entire tape.  Convert that tape to
PRORES (or capture now into PRORES) make a duplicate of that file onto
another drive, and store it away... Just like DSLR footage, or P2 footage,
or RED footage or XDCAM footage.   IF you ever loose your working file, you
simply copy over the back up and "reconnect" (or whatever process the new
FCPX does to reconnect files).

The output to tape feature shouldn't worry too many professionals.  I master
a Qtime file and take it to my local post-production house where they put it
onto HDCAM tapes.   They will buy the AJA cards and the Blackmagic cards to
output... They do anyway.