[Frameworks] Telecine question

Myron Ort zeno at sonic.net
Sat May 28 12:30:37 CDT 2011

I know I have asked this before but I am still not clear enough to
convey details to my friend who helps me with the fcp processing.

I recently had some telecine transfers done at a lab.  Standard
Definition.

16mm films transferred at 24fps.

I have these files on my hard drive as Apple Pro Res 422 HQ.

The interlaced frames are annoying.  I think I have heard that they
can be removed.

The goal is to be able to make a dvd or have a file to digitally
project that might not have these interlaced frames.  I think I have
been led to believe this is somehow possible and still have the film
look like it is at 24 fps.

We are using Final Cut Pro, what do we do to eliminate the interlaced
frames (3:2 pull down I believe it is called) so that the final dvd
or file for projection will look more like a film without the
interlaced frames?

Please note I am not trying to edit these films in fcp, they were
edited already with painstaking cement splices.

Please address the answer to this particular situation at hand.  Or,
if the answer is embarrassingly simplistic, let me know if we can
contact privately.

Myron Ort