[Frameworks] Kodak filing for bankruptcy?

40 Frames info at 40frames.org
Sat Oct 1 16:05:50 CDT 2011

I don't know about the cost of Neopan motion picture stock elsewhere in the
world... (Neopan still film is relatively cheap in the states, cheaper than
Ilford by a lot and at the price point of films like Efke and Arista)....
but in the states ORWO is expensive by comparison.

As it is today, 7363 is $51 USD per 400' roll, and if you get an educational
discount it's around $40. And its Ortho, so you can
process under safe light.

ORWO stock was (last I checked) almost double this price. So, while there
does exist alternatives, they cost more. And I don't see
a stock in the product line that would be comparable to 7363.

BTW Seth, if you want to draft and circulate a letter asking Fuji to
distribute Neopan in the US, I'd sign it. And I'll overlook your
comment about "whinning".

Alain

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Freya <freya128 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> re Fuji Neopan: I assume it would be way more expensive than Kodaks
> offering which is why they probably don't bother.
>
> I assume Fred is right and that Kodak will file for Chapter 11 protection
> assuming the patent sale doesn't go thru. To be honest it might be a good
> thing in a way, as selling the patents seems a bit like selling the family
> silver. I get the impression the guy running the place is just trying to
> stretch things out as long as he can so he can keep getting paid which is
> not a great business strategy for the future.
>
> love
>
> Freya

40 FRAMES
Alain LeTourneau