[Frameworks] Come see rare and beautiful films at Oddball 16mm Films (San Francisco) this Saturday October 1st<><!>!><!><!><!!!!!<><<<<!

carl elsaesser elsaesserc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 13:44:34 CDT 2011

*“I Was Once an Angel with Thick Wings’: Cindy Collins”*. Oddball Films
guest curator
cArl Elsaesser explores the mind of Cindy Collins from these rare, personal
home movies and
her fascination with Angels. By combining the tape recordings she left
behind and her 16mm
silent films (color and B+W) with other filmmakers’ conceptions of Angels
this program weaves
together disparate conceptions of angels across multiple cinematic genres
including feature
films, experiment and animated shorts and television commercials.
Cindy documented her family from the 1940’s through the 1960’s capturing
both the awkward
moments of the extremely wealthy and a tender intimacy that unhinges the
images from
their time. Together with her amateur films and sound recordings we’ll
screen an excerpt
from Luis Buñuel’s infamous film “Exterminating Angel” (1962), animated
short “Night Angel”
(1988) produced by the National Film Board of Canada, “A Dream of Wild
Horses” (1962) the
landmark short film directed by Denys Colomb Daunant, and perhaps even some
Charlie’s
Angels commercials!