[Frameworks] This Friday @ Millennium Film Workshop_Filmmakers Elizabeth Henry and Tony Gault

Stephanie Wuertz wuertzstephanie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 10:47:54 CDT 2012

*Friday   4/6      Elizabeth Henry and Tony Gault* - filmmakers from Denver
at MILLENNIUM to show "THE CAGE WE ARE TRICKED INTO" -
Eight short experimental/non-fiction films,
duration about 60 minutes plus filmmaker dialogue with audience.
TABERNACLE (1998, 10m), CASE HISTORIES IN PSYCHOTHERAPY (2008, 8m), FOSSIL
LIGHT (2009, 7m),GHOST OF YESTERDAY (2012 6m), AN EVENING SCENE ON THE SAME
SUBJECT (2012, 7.5m), FOUR CUBIC FEET OF SPACE (2010, 8m), THROUGH THESE
TRACKLESS WATERS (2007, 12m).

 - Collaborators for fifteen years, filmmakers Tony Gault and Elizabeth
Henry screen a body of work that examines the human impulse toward dualism
and narcissistic command of the planet Earth. Their films create "a
cinematic poetry of paranoia as a higher state of consciousness" (Film
Threat) and “illustrate the perverse means by which narrative shapes our
consciousness" (Slant Magazine).

  -  ". . . how we might cultivate a new approach to physical, mental and
environmental equilibrium."*    Tony *and* Elizabeth* both teach film
production/film studies at the University of Denver