[Frameworks] Alpha Cine b&w reversal issues. (Super-8)

zach vonjoo zuhvj at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 13:16:55 CDT 2012

Hey All--
For some months now Alpha Cine have had an issue with processing b&w super-8 film.  Their machine was recently down for maintenance (I don't know if the maintenance was specifically to resolve this issue, but I assume so).  If the 150' I received from them two days ago (post-maintenance) is indicative of the state of the problem, it has worsened.  Small areas of varying frequency, projecting as white blobs/dots will make their way onto your film.

All other stocks I sent off to be processed came back fine.  If you regularly do business with Alpha Cine, I suggest using another lab for your super-8 b&w reversal.

Best wishes in filmmaking,
Zach