[Frameworks] Film Projectors + University Rules

Mike Morris m_alex_morris at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 21:28:07 CDT 2012

Hello Frameworkers,
Looking for a little advice from those of you who are familiar with navigating public university equipment purchasing debacles. I'm in the privileged position to be teaching a partially film-based class in the context of a new media art program. We were able to acquire a few old Bell and Howell cameras from the film department at the same university, but projectors are hard to come by since they only finish on video. We might be able to purchase some projectors, but I'm not sure that Ebay (where I've bought several of my own) is on the list of places the art department is willing/able to buy equipment from, plus finding adequate stuff is always a crap shoot. I've done some preliminary digging online, but the usual places I order things from don't include projection. Any recommendations? Feel free to e-mail me off-list: m_alex_morris at yahoo.com
Thanks!
Mike MorrisDallas, Texas