[Frameworks] Film Projectors + University Rules

40 Frames info at 40frames.org
Wed Apr 25 21:49:15 CDT 2012

Mike,

If you go to the following link and click on the projector make of your
choosing, you will find individuals who repair and in some
cases sell 16mm projectors.

For example, Larry Urbanski has a Bell & Howell 1574 listed on his site,
and last I spoke with Richard Patchetts he had a Kodak
Pageant 250S. Both would sell machines serviced and warranted.

If you contact others listed, you will likely find some projectors for
sale.

I recommend the Eiki SSL, over a Bell & Howell, mostly for the easy of
threading and removing film from the machine mid reel.

http://www.16mmdirectory.org/projectors

Alain

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Mike Morris <m_alex_morris at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hello Frameworkers,
>
> Looking for a little advice from those of you who are familiar with
> navigating public university equipment purchasing debacles. I'm in the
> privileged position to be teaching a partially film-based class in the
> context of a new media art program. We were able to acquire a few old Bell
> and Howell cameras from the film department at the same university, but
> projectors are hard to come by since they only finish on video. We might be
> able to purchase some projectors, but I'm not sure that Ebay (where I've
> bought several of my own) is on the list of places the art department is
> willing/able to buy equipment from, plus finding adequate stuff is always a
> crap shoot. I've done some preliminary digging online, but the usual places
> I order things from don't include projection. Any recommendations? Feel
> free to e-mail me off-list: m_alex_morris at yahoo.com
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike Morris
> Dallas, Texas