[Frameworks] Free Film Workshop in SF this Sunday

eric stewart e.l.j.stewart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 19:48:35 CDT 2012

Hey Frameworkers,

Me and some people are starting a free film workshop series this
Sunday August 26th, 2-6ish PM.  It is at Noisebridge 2169 Mission
(https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Getting_Here).  We have a bunch of
miscellaneous leader, found footage, 1-3 projectors and lots of
markers, paints, crystals and reptile skin to adhere to film.  People
are encouraged to bring any material they might be interested in
working with.

"Elements of Image Making is a series of workshops investigating
analogue film processes, structured around the open exchange of ideas,
resources, and skills while focusing on teaching through facilitation.
Initially concerned with tactile manipulations, we will make direct
animations by drawing, scratching, and painting directly onto film. By
focusing on texture, pattern, and rhythm we will explore projected
light, experience and perception. Future workshops will move into the
darkroom exploring: photograms, hand processing, handmade emulsions
and tinting/toning.

Additionally we will invoke whatever mischief we can think of; we
might bury film, throw it into a volcano, launch it into the
atmosphere, bake it, burn it or sail it to angel island.

Prior film knowledge is not required but attendees with previous
experience are encouraged to contribute their knowledge and experience
at any level they feel comfortable with. "

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Elements_of_Image_Making

We will continue to meet the 2nd and 4rth sundays of every month.
Next meeting we plan to venture into the darkroom with some hi-con.

-Eric Stewart