[Frameworks] {Disarmed} Re: Andy Warhol's SLEEP / Providence, RI / Feb 18 / Magic Lantern + RK Projects

Tony Conrad conrad at buffalo.edu
Sun Feb 12 22:46:06 CST 2012

John Cale performed in the Vexations concert, among others of course, but that
was well before the VU, as I recall. However, Andy was in contact with La Monte
Young about sound for his films when they were shown at Lincoln Center.

I can't accept the idea that Andy got the idea for repetition, or editing
together long films, from Satie. First, it's far more probable that he got the
idea from our group with La Monte; we even gave a concert at Henry Geldzahler's
place. Second, Andy generally used a magazine with 1200 foot reels so he wouldn't
have to splice or do any editing.

On Sun 02/12/12  6:11 PM , Eric Theise erictheise at gmail.com sent: