[Frameworks] Winnipeg?

Tom Whiteside tom.whiteside at duke.edu
Tue Feb 21 16:46:32 CST 2012

Hey Winnipeg, it's Durham calling. We had so many films (eight) from your fair city at the recent Strange Beauty Film Festival that I just had to comment on it. Everyone was talking about it over the weekend, and each screening opened with a short YouTube yoo-hoo (or something like that) from Manitoba. Clever festival organizers had made contact early so we had plenty of Winnipeg swag. I got a key chain. And there was a haiku contest with a nice hockey jacket as a prize, I'm not sure who claimed that one, but I know that the competition was somewhat vicious for a poetry contest.

Anyway, just wanted to check in, say hello, and point out the fact that is was 17.7 degrees Celsius in Durham on Saturday. Howzit up your way? Come see us!

-          Tom Whiteside         Durham, North Carolina